Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Simplify

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.  We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.  We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something.  We have to learn to be content with what we are."
                                                                                                          -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


It's so easy to get down on ourselves, to judge ourselves and forget about our worth.  I have been struggling with that lately.  Thinking everyone is better at things than I am.  "She's a better mother, a better photographer, a better housekeeper, a kinder person."  The thoughts don't really stop.  Always comparing. Always putting myself down.  OK, not always but often.  I think that's what women do.

So I came to the realization that yes people are better at things than me, but who cares.   Maybe I am not the best but I do have worth.  I have realized that I am a good person, I am trying and I am good at living my life.  I am still trying to grasp the importance of being a daughter of God.

I once read where President Hinckley said, "We are are children of God.  Do we really understand what that means?"

1 comment:

  1. Ah yes. You are brilliant for this post. It's so true that we often do that to ourselves and forget our GREAT worth. Thank you for this post. I will have to remember this when I get down on myself.

    ReplyDelete